Saturday, May 19, 2012

One Door Closes

On a personal note, today was my last day at my job.  I was there at 6:20am and left at 5:45 pm.  I pushed more paper, sent more emails, and tied up more loose ends than I can beleive. 

Why is getting laid-off so productive?

But, there were some tough moments.  I hugged a few people I don't normally.  Water wells up in my eyes and I wonder why.  I took a long, quiet, late day pause  gazing into my empty office and thinking of all the time spent at the desk, the great conversations on the phone, the notes sent on the computer, talking to people sitting in the chairs, waving at people as they passed me by....

Even now, as I mark the end of a journey, blogging and sipping a well-earned beer I am fighting back some real emotion.

Why is getting laid-off feel so tough?

Have a great long weekend with the people you love and I will report on the great, new adventures that await me on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment